9.11.2009

I Remember


This time around I've really taken some time to remember the tragic day eight years ago. I went to school as normal and in the middle of my seminary class (it was my first class of the day) our teacher started talking about the people on the planes. I was so confused here, I had no idea what he was talking about so I went on as normal. It wasn't until I got home from school that day that I started to understand the severity of the situation.

My mom was outside sitting on our porch when I walked home from school. We sat down and talked about it for a while. My school decided not to take time out to see what was going on so my mom filled me in. I watched her get teary eyed and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How was any of this possible?

We then spent the rest of the day glued to the T.V. and calling loved ones. I remember seeing peoples faces who were being interviewed about people they may have lost in the twin towers. I think maybe now after my mothers passing I have a little more knowledge of what that must have felt like for them. I cried this morning thinking of how much I miss my mom. I also realised especially today people from all over the world are doing just that, crying because they miss their loved ones. I know I am not alone. I know I will never forget.

May God bless America.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I think that people need to never forget....I feel that each year is less and less focused on this tragedy and that makes me sad---it is an important reminder of how precious life is....

Shannon said...

What a great post! Thank you for posting your feelings on 9/11 and for the video. We tend to forget, but we shouldn't. This is a great reminder.

Mind if I put it on my blog? :)