9.28.2009

Tool

Tool: The tool is always making comments that are out of place, out of line, or just plain stupid. The tool is always trying too hard to fit in, and because of this never will. However, the tool is useful because you can use them for things such as money, rides etc.
(I love urban dictionary)

Because of my sick addiction to horrible reality TV shows, I am now watching Tool Academy. Which is where a bunch of men (who are tools) sign up for the show thinking it's really for showing how amazing they are when in reality their girlfriends are there and they are exposed as being tools. Each week one guy gets kicked off who isn't trying to save the relationship and change his ways. Once a guy is kicked off his girlfriend has a choice, go home with him, or dump him and go home by herself.

Watching this show reminds me how foreign men are to me. The latest episode was where the women were put on blind dates with gentlemen who took them out and showed them how women should be treated. Their boyfriends were left by themselves only to watch from a TV screen. Do I even have to tell you how that all went down? The men went nuts! Punching walls, breaking whatever they could, running through the sprinklers outside on the lawn (yes, this actually happened). After watching this show I've wondered two things:

First, why are men one way around their women, but entirely different when with a group of men? Why all this pressure to be the alpha male in front of the bros? Why not try to be who you are all the time regardless of who you are around? I can understand that with each person you are around some things change. But sometimes it can get so crude and disgusting. I've been outnumbered by men in a social setting and the entire thing turns into chaos. The funny part is, if their wife or girlfriend were around they would NOT be acting like a tool.

The second is what is with the idiot women who continue to date these tools? Especially when they act like a tool right in front of you? They cheat on you, make fun of your looks, your weight, make you feel insignificant in ever way possible, and yet you still go back for more? In a way I feel those women are partially responsible for letting men treat them like shit, and show other men this can be done with no consequences. I don't have the best self esteem by any means, but I think of myself more then to let someone do that to me. In all honesty all hell would break loose. I promise no one wants to see that part of me.

I really wish there was such a thing called tool academy. Where you can send your idiot boyfriend/girlfriend/family member/friend to learn a few things on how to be a decent human being.

Oh, if only I ruled the world. This place would be so much better!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I would completely support a tool academy.

Brandon Wilde said...

Amen to that. Those guys, and their bad behavior, gives all men a bad name, and someone should take them out. I love that show though.