10.19.2009

Dear Mom,

Dad let me know last week your headstone finally came in. Although I have mixed emotions about all of this, I knew I had to go see you. Last Saturday Brandon and I drove down to Orem and I was surprised how beautiful your headstone was.


The entire thing was pure granite. Dad did a great job in picking out something beautiful and peaceful. I know you would love the kids names written on there too. At the end of the day our family meant everything to you.

I also couldn't help but notice today is your wedding anniversary. 19 years. I hope dad is doing alright today. When I really think about it though. What is 19 years against eternity?

Remember how every year around this time I would get us some matching Halloween socks? I wish I could have given you some that day, but settled for Halloween inspired flowers instead. They are beautiful if I do say so myself. I hope you like them.


Of course Brandon brought you some flowers too. I think most people would think he would do it to please me. We both know better then that though, he misses you too. With our combined efforts your resting place looked a little more colorful. Within time I'll get more creative on ways to make it look good.


Know I'm thinking of you, and love you. I'll write again soon.


Love,

Rachel

No comments: