2.17.2009

Bake A Cake Day

I normally do not bake cakes, cookies, cupcakes, ok you caught me I normally do not bake anything. I am not sure why but lately I have been thinking about baking and decorating my own cake. When I was little I had great memories of helping my mom decorate cakes that she did for extra money. I brought that idea up to KaraLee and we decided to do it. My mom was generous enough to let us use her kitchen, cake accessories, and her brilliant mind.

Step One: Figuring out what the cake will look like.


Step Two: Mixing Cake


Step Three: Bake Cake

How come KaraLee looks so amazing in every picture?


Step Four: Decorate Cake/Coloring Frosting.



Step Five: Annoy mom with camera.


Step Six: Feed brother sugar...and lot's of it.

Step Seven: Keep decorating no matter how bad your hand hurts.

Then by some miracle you are done! I think they both turned out really good for being our first cakes. I don't even regret the three hours it took to finish it.

Of course I had to make it pink!

KaraLee's Cake is Mickey Mouse who turned out fabulous!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

WOW!!!! I am TOTALLY impressed. I've got all these cake decorating tips for the frosting, but do you think I've used them??? NOPE!