2.27.2009

My New Love

Blurb people! It's all about blurb.

It's this amazing little website where you can create your own book. It could be anything like your photography portfolio, short stories, or even your own blog. I had a co-worker of mine last year tell me about it and it has always been in the back of my mind to do it I just never have. Now that 2008 is gone I decided to publish all my blog posts in 08. You create an account, download the software, create your book (very user friendly by the way), and then order it.

Here is the cover of my book...

(On a side note the photo is thanks to my main man Michael Wiltbank - check him out here.)

So now my mind is coming up with all sorts of ideas. I love to scrapbook, but lets be honest here - it takes up a lot of time and money to get all those cute little pieces together. I am thinking of buying some scrap booking software creating pages and then using blurb to make a book out of it. I am also thinking of doing some sort of mothers day project this year with a book.

So I just ordered my book today and obviously am way too excited about it. You should get excited to! Check out blurb's website here.

4 comments:

Shawn said...

I have heard of different sites that make books out of your blogs, etc., but decided to just do it every...say, five years, as I am sure that it is pricey---and I want to get one for each of my kidlings.

So----I will check it out!

Thanks, my dear. (great pic of you, by the by...)

Rachel said...

Yeah I just ordered my hardcover book of 120 pages and it was only 45 bucks or so...

Heather said...

I made a book with blurb for a cruise we went on a year ago! It turned out great and is so fun to be able to look at! You will have to let me know if you are happy with the blog book because I want to print mine but have been too scared to find out how expensive it's going to be:)

HaLaine said...

WAHOO! BLURB! IT'S MY FAVORITE EVER! We have four books now!