3.02.2009

Want vs Need

Here is a list of things I want to spend my tax return on:

-Trip to South Carolina
- Canon Rebel XSi
- Macbook
- Digital scrapbooking software
- New clothes
- Photoshop
- Shoes

Here is a list of things I need to spend my tax return on:

- Bills (ugh)
- New windshield
- School loan
- Savings
- Car taxes

GAHHH! Why can't I just be out of control wealthy? I hate having to choose what I should do over what I want to do. I am REALLY trying hard to be adult about this. I am thinking I will be going to South Carolina (I still have several months to save up for that) so that takes up a huge chunk. Then I think I am going to pick three things on my need list to use the money for.

And if God is willing I will somehow get myself that canon. It's my guilty pleasure that I think I deserve :) I mean come on - this plan is the mature thing...right? RIGHT?!?

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Its a hard one for sure, but I tend to always give myself something---maybe one thing---then use the rest for the icky things and try to pretend that I didn't really have the money...


It sometimes works.