3.26.2009

Life is unpredictable

If Mother Nature is trying to play an early April fools joke - I am NOT laughing!

The weather is pure POOP outside. When will the madness end? When can I look forward to the day where I walk outside and don't have to worry about sliding all over the freeway to get to work? WHEN? WHEN?!?

While driving through the blizzard this morning on my way to work I was thinking about yesterday. Yesterday, my dear sweet friends, I got an e-mail from work letting me know I was picked to go to LAS VEGAS for our regional convention.


...now wait just one moment work. Let me get this right. You want to pay for me to fly out to Las Vegas, with a bunch of my friends, pay for my meals, keep me there four days and three nights, make me work two days, and pay for my hotel?

Uhh...ok if you insist!

Seriously though, I understand that the two days I will have to work the convention could be pure hell. Standing on my feet all day, dealing with some very interesting distributors, and probably working 12 or more hours a day. Yeah I get that...

But I am oh so excited for the adventure! I was trying to remember the last time I was on a plane and it was back in December of 2001 going to New York. I am far overdue for a plane ride. Also, as pathetic as this sounds I have never left the state of Utah without my family being there. I've always left on trips with my family, always. This will be the first time I am going all by myself. Well, my co workers will be there, but for me this is a big step in growing up. It's a perfect trip for me. It's out of my comfort zone but not too far out that I would freak out about it.

This year I have decided it's all about getting out of my comfort zone. I am missing out on life just because I am afraid of what will happen (which is ridiculous, I know). My comfort zone is where I can predict how things are going to go - I feel safe that way. But, if you put me in a circumstance where I feel like I wont be able to predict the outcome, I get scared and let the fear take over. I usually end up weaseling my way out of it and miss out on some great experiences.

So, hooray for me for taking steps and being positive about adventures (like flying to Vegas for the weekend)!

I'm just going to keep thinking about Las Vegas weather. It will keep my spirits up until I get a glance outside my window of Utah's winter wonder land.

Stupid unpredictable weather! Stupid Mother Nature! Quit teasing me!

Did I mention I will be staying at the Las Vegas Hilton?

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Wow---you go, girl!! That sounds like a fun time---and what a way to get those wings and fly!!!!

(metaphorically as well as....actually) :)

Be sure and let us know how it goes and take lots of pics.

Jen and Jaylie said...

now that I've thought about it long and hard I know we'll have a BLAST!!! wait...is that what she said???