3.23.2009

Fantasy Boyfriend

At age 13 I would run and hide into my parents bedroom when I thought no one was watching. I did this because my parents had a channel that showed up only on their cable (Coincidence? I think not.) It was purely music videos - all day every day. My eyes would soak up all the glam and rock that was forbidden in my strictly country music family. One day while doing the usual sneaky activity a new music video came across the screen. All I could think to myself was...

Who is that b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l boy?

His earring, piercing blue eyes, and blond hair had me. I needed a name. I needed a name. I needed a name.

At the end of each video in the bottom left corner showed the artists name.

...Nsync? What kind of band name was that?

The next day when I scrambled up the $12.50 to buy the CD I was instantly hooked. He wasn't just a beautiful boy anymore...he was Justin Timberlake.



He was my first love and my first fantasy boyfriend.

For several years pictures of his gorgeous face hung on my walls. Album after album I feel further and further in love. Seeing them in concert in 2000 sealed the deal for me. Yep, Justin was the one for me.

Of course, all good things have to come to an end. Nsync was no more. I was mocked all the time for still holding on to my love for Mr. JT. I refused to let these silly critics tell me what I should like and what I shouldn't.

He will make a comeback - you wait and see.

Of course he did not disappoint with his first solo album making all the girls cry a river (ha - nice play on words right?)


People were still skeptical saying he caught a lucky break...that is until he brought sexy back with his next album.


Oh lawd. This man only gets better with age.

Now at the age of 21 I still have my secret 13-year-old crush on him. I doubt it will ever fade. And you know what? I hope it never does...

How can you not love a face like that?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'll give you the better with age thing. that much is true. :)

Shawn said...

You are really feelin' him, I can see.

I have had a life-long love affair with Sting, and he is soooo hot still!! He gets better and better with age...