2.17.2009

Forced Romance Day

(These cookies are hilarious)

What a sick holiday... filled with peer pressure to buy things covered in pink and red, overpriced chocolate, cheesy cards, and romantic candle lit dinners.

First of all I am not a hater on this holiday because I am one of the co-dependent single people who wallow in their own self pity. I am not a fan because how forced everything is. I don't understand why people do things that they don't normally do just because some hallmark holiday says to. Why not do simple sweet things for your significant other throughout the year? month? week? Of course we are all human and sometimes need a reminder to appreciate the other person in our life. Hell, I need more of a reminder then most people I am sure. So if you look at Valentines day as a reminder on how amazing the love of your life is then so be it. However, if Valentines day is a reminder that you ARE in some type of relationship and need to buy something unoriginal and cheesy to make them happy - you are in need of some help.

This year was one of the better forced romance days I've ever had. Maybe it had something to do with my cute Valentine. I had a simple day. Brandon came over and we took a nap. After we exchanged some sort of gifts. This year I wanted to do something a little different. Brandon has never had a pet of any sort. Not a goldfish, cat, dog, or pet rock! (Ok- who knows maybe he did have a pet rock he is a little strange.) How can this be? No pet? This boy is missing out on so much! I ended up getting him a fish with all the things necessary to keep him alive and comfortable. His name is Kelvin, let's see how long Brandon can keep him alive. Baby steps...baby steps...

Brandon gave me all sorts of silly personal things that he knew I liked. Some of the things were care bear, Greek coloring book (how amazing is THAT?), CD he made, and some beautiful pink roses.


He also made me dinner. Let's face it - I am not very domestic. Ha ha.

Tortilla soup. The man can cook.

I don't know about you but trying to get out on Valentines day is ridiculous. I am glad we stayed in and watched a movie and had dinner. Nothing is better then forgetting the world and singing a long to the musical Grease. Poor Brandon.

Hope your Valentine's was a good one.

4 comments:

Jill said...

:) that's totally cute!

Heather said...

When did Brandon learn to cook!!!!:) I am learning so much!!!

Brandon Wilde said...

I learned how to cook from an old Indian medicine man in the desert. He taught me all the deepest, most mystical secrets of the skillet. And my best friend Martha Stewart of course.

Shawn said...

So cute! I haven't read your blog in such a long time----where does it go?