2.17.2009

Listening to the Engine Moan

The first weekend of Febuary I took my first road trip by myself to Cedar City. Anyone who has gone on a road trip with me knows its one of the worst kind of self torture for me. I hate road trips. I get sick, and have no patience getting anywhere in a car with no room. I even will get claustrophobic depending on how long the ride is. However I have an amazing cousin and best friend who lives in Cedar. I have promised the boy many times I would make the journey to see him but never have.

So really why not take a random trip by myself to go see him?

Well, really if I had an option to drive with other people I probably would have taken it. I am the person that says What if the car dies in the middle of no-mans-land? What if I get into a horrible car wreck? What if the car BURSTS into FLAMES?!? I worked myself up into a worry frenzy right before the weekend. Brandon gave me great advice saying that I should be prepared for what I can, and deal with problems when they occur. So with that I left.


The ride was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

I listened to music and did some deep thinking. It was such a great experience not having to worry about anyone else or anything else. If I wanted to keep driving, I did. If I wanted to stop for some coca-cola, I did. If I wanted to blast my music with horrible 90s boy bands, I did. Also the sky was wonderful to look at. Sunshine and rain, can not get better then that.



Gorgeous right?

Before I knew it I was there hanging out with all the crazy Cedar City people. I had a great weekend feeling more independent then before. Even when I drove home through some horrible snow and wind It was still worth it. I need to do things like this more often. You know what? People need to do things like this more often. Don't go too crazy though - four hours is about my limit. Any farther than that and someone better hook me up to an IV of Dramamine.

Look Mom! I'm growin' up!

No comments: