2.05.2009

Till Death Do Us Part

I should have written about this earlier, but of course - I didn't. Early November of last year I got my tattoo of Reggie's paw print. I had Reggie's paw inked so I would get his exact paw shape. I do not want the commercial looking paw print...everyone has those. Like I've said before though, I want a piece of Reggie with me forever.

Last night I went into the shop to get my tattoo touched up. I wanted to get it a darker black.

The worst part about getting a tattoo is waiting...


So when in doubt, take pictures of the shop.



I think everyone thinks about the pain before anything else. To be honest, yeah it hurts. Hello - you are being punctured by needles over and over again into the dermis of your skin. You bleed, you cringe, you can't wait until it's over. It's not like little kittens licked it on. One could only wish



No one seems to talk about the bloody part. You know me, I'll tell you the truth. The picture below is an hour or so after it was done and wrapped. Eww BLOOD!




If you asked me I'd tell you the hardest part about getting a tattoo is the recovery part. It can take up to three weeks until everything is back to normal. I am a slow healer so I am constantly having to tell myself don't itch it, don't scrub it, don't soak it, don't even look at it. Getting an infection is my worst nightmare.

Rest assured after all of the worry and pain it is worth it if you really want it. The picture below was taken after I cleaned it all off. I will get a picture up when it is fully healed too.


2 comments:

Trent said...

youre right, taking pictures of the shop is a good idea. taking pictures of your crotch, however, is not.

Rachel said...

Oh...I'll show you a crotch picture...