7.14.2009

Back Seat Passengers

My day is always ruined when I am driving somewhere and I look to my left to see this...


One of my huge pet peeves is people who tie, rope, or let their dog sit in the back of a truck.

People! What the hell are you all thinking?

While driving back from lunch today my friend and I saw a young blue heeler tied to the back of a flat bed truck. It was standing near the edge and could easily jump off and strangle itself.

I do not believe you are a smart pet owner if you do this to your animal. Seriously! What is your reasoning behind this? Let me guess...
  • You are too lazy to put your dog in the cab of your vehicle?
  • You would like to pay thousands of dollars in vet bills?
  • Your dog would never jump out?
  • It was just a quick drive down the block?
If you really loved your animal why risk them being hurt? Most of the animals I see come into the clinic are written up as HBC (hit by car). Hearing the same old story of the owner talking about the patient being in the back of the truck makes me so angry! You could have saved yourself so much time and money if you would have invested in one of these bad boys...


Even when I drive Reggie places he is in his kennel in my car. It's safer for the driver and the animal if they are not sitting on your lap being a distraction. Reggie doesn't mind the kennel at all, but I might get him one of those seat belts anyway. It is such a good idea, and worth the money.

Be responceable! Don't let something like this happen to your animal...

No comments: