7.01.2009

My Achy Breaky Tooth

OWIE!!

That's all I really have to say today. My top right wisdom tooth is growing in. I am reminded why babies get so grumpy and cry while teething. All three of my other ones are in and they don't hurt. It's just the growing in part that kills me! Everyone asks if my dentist says I should pull them. To be honest I haven't seen my dentist in two years now. I hate all the doctors - every single one of them. Gyno, therapist, dentist, eye doctor... they all suck.

Everyone also freaks out when they find out I have never had a pap smear/physical . I especially do not want any part of that. Come on now, I figure if the pioneers made it without one, so can I.

Don't worry, I know eventually I will need to do it. I just can't bring myself to do it now. I need to take baby steps. I finally set myself up for an appointment with an eye doctor tomorrow. My vision sucks - real bad. Two years ago I went in and did not have a great experience. I swear if that doctor asked me "Is this one better? Or this one?" again I was going to pop him in the face. Since then I've out grown my prescription and need to buck up and get some new ones. Maybe by next semester I will be able to actually read whats on the white board. Amazing.

Why do so many people have this fear of doctors? I think mainly mine comes from that A) It's going to cost me money, B) They will probably tell me a bunch of horrible things about how unhealthy I am, and C) It is just inconvenient. I swear no one's office is open past five. Uhh hello people -- I have a job too!

So if you see me in the near future throwing a temper tantrum, just remember I'm teething.

What?

If parents can use it on their kids as an excuse, so can I.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm the same way - I hate going to the Doctor. The inconvenience is a big part of it. I had to get some blood taken a week or so ago. It took me an hour and a half! I go in, sign in, and 6 people go before me - all had come in AFTER me. It was rediculous! Man, I hope that pain goes away for you. I think teeth pain are one of the worst.

Shawn said...

I hate the doctor---but you know why....but I also hate how they make you take your weight everytime you come in----I HATE THAT!!

Hope your tooth gets better or pulled out.

Brandon Wilde said...

We all hate doctors, but it's also important to remember that many of the pioneers died horrible deaths that could have been avoided by a simple pap smear...um, actually I could be wrong. I don't even know what a pap smear is.