7.03.2009

I won't stop till I get enough

I really thought I was going to get away without posting about Michael Jackson's death a week ago. However, through his death I have come to find a love for him I've never had before.


I remember being a little girl dancing to Billie Jean with my cassette tape doing my horrible attempt at the moon walk. He opened my eyes to pop music which I still love to this day. As I got older, I stopped listening to him and moved on to other music. Honestly since then I played a good Michael Jackson song every once in a while but never really listened.

I found out about him dying while at a sushi restaurant with Brandon. I think it took me a while to really understand that the famous Jackson died. Really? I wasn't expecting that, just like the rest of the world. When I got home and turned on the TV I was amazed how the entire world seemed to stop.

I cannot think of another time where it seemed like everyone stopped to listen to Thriller or Bad. I didn't think I would be as effected as I was. His music videos really were revolutionary and I enjoy watching them and remembering simpler times. I am touched of the things Michael did in his life time. I, like most people only saw what the media said about his questionable lifestyle. Since his death I have grown to love him and have major respect for what he has done in his lifetime. Over and over again I am constantly humming Billie Jean to myself just like when I was six.

I now take some time to remember what matters to me, and that death can come to you no matter who you are, or how much money you have. I hope wherever Michael is he feels the love of everyone else here on earth taking time out to remember his legacy (which as corny as this sounds) will live on forever.

RIP.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to post a blog about his death, and how much I loved him, but especially his music. I can't stop watching the specials they have of him, like on every channel it seems.