7.22.2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Have you ever seen that back to school commercial for staples? Where that Christmas song is playing and the dad is running around the store in bliss getting things for his children who are far less amused walking slowly down the isle?

I am never amused when I see it. I'm like those two little kids pouting over going back to school. But guess what?

School is back! Whether I like it or not.

It started on Monday of this week. My schedule is the following...

Monday: College Algebra (kill me) 6pm - 10:30pm
Tuesday: Comparative Hematology & Cytology Lab 6pm - 9pm
Wednesday: Clinic shift 5pm - 6pm, Lab Animals Exotics & Pocket Pets 6pm - 10pm
Thursday: Comparative Hematology & Cytology Lecture 6pm - 8:30pm

And of course, I work full time as well during the day. Well, if you look on the bright side I don't have classes on Fridays anymore. Other then that my summer has gone right down the toilet. My social life is gone during the week, I gotta face that. I also was dreading going back to school, but I'm half way done this week and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I've actually sorta, kinda, maybe missed this place and all the animals. Plus they remodeled the place while we were all on break. Everything is much more clean and roomy. No more tripping over dogs and cats for me (I hope so anyway).

Last night for my Hematology lab we went to the shelter to collect blood. Before last night I've only drawn blood from animals twice. The first time I failed, and the second time I did it, but not really on my own. Needles to say I was nervous - will that feeling ever subside?

Right now I'm feeling on top of the Vet Tech world because I did a jugular vain blood draw from a dog last night and did it successfully on my own.


This is Tiger Woods. A beautiful rottweiler mix. He was calm and sweet and in a weird way made me feel as though he didn't care if I poked him or not. I can't help but take a picture of all the animals I work with at the shelter. All of them are so amazing and remind me why I am going to school for this in the first place.

Two days down, with two more to go this week.

Bring it on.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Oh, man! School again already?

Wow---that was fast...I don't know how you do it! And work too?

You deserve some kind of an award!!