4.20.2009

The I Do's & I Don'ts

Spring is here, and you know what that means...

WEDDINGS!

Oh my favorite time of the year. I'm always amazed and amused of all the ideas and presentations of people's weddings. For all you future brides-to-be out there, take my advice and don't make these avoidable mistakes.

DO NOT have your wedding reception at the church's basketball court!


I would love to concentrate on you and your lovely wedding dress, but I can't get past the urge to hike up my skirt and shoot some hoops! It is one of my most hated mistakes people make. I know it is cheap but, I would rather be in your parents 4x4 backyard in 40 degree weather then watching you take your wedding pictures in a gymnasium.

Do find somewhere outside for the reception.

If your guests are feeling good and comfortable - you will be too. I will leave it at that.

DO NOT have horrible bridesmaids dresses


I will never forgive you for putting me in a dress like that, or making me look at a dress like that. Also you don't want a train wreck happening down your aisle.

DO have mismatch bridesmaids dresses


I love the idea of shaking it up a little bit. Having three different styles of dresses but in the same color. Lets face it, every girl has their own style and what they are comfortable in. Let them be them (as much as possible anyway).

DO NOT have a redneck cake


EWWW! Please do not make us eat your green frosted cake. Save it for the bachelor party.

DO have a unique looking cake


These are all great and don't give the scrunched-up-ugly-face when first seen. You can still make your wedding cake different without the shock factor.

DO NOT have grotesque decor




GAH! Do I really have to say anymore? These pictures say it all!

DO have simple eye catching decor




I love the idea with the Polaroids. I've also seen photo booths where people can walk in and take pictures of themselves and put it in a wedding book for the happy couple. It gives us all something to do - and for you to enjoy forever and always.

Finally, last but not least...

DO NOT wear a revealing dress


Don't you want some class and respect on your wedding day? Even if people don't think that about you otherwise? This is your time to shine. I don't care if you have a body like Gisele Bundchen, keep it for your new husband. The rest of us will manage.

DO have a timeless wedding dress


Like I said, this is your day, the one you've been dreaming about - look fabulous! You don't need a lot of poof, sparkles, or tiaras to do the job. Pick a dress that makes you shine - don't pick a dress because it shines.

Alright fellow women. Good luck out there! Take my advice to heart - it can't hurt.

And who knows, maybe I am a bitter single woman who really has no idea what the hell she is talking about.

...thats ok too.

6 comments:

Jill said...

hahah, i love it!!!

Jordan said...

Please tell me that we can be friends? Please?
This is great!

Shawn said...

Maybe you should be a vet. wedding planner? You have fabulous style!

Carrot said...

I found myself clapping! I couldnt have said it better! Can I reserve you now to plan my wedding...oh wait, then it may involve pink! EW! :)

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

I think it's safe to say you will be pleased with my reception.... except I do have that red neck cake.... oops.

Heather said...

I'm so glad I decided to maybe go private, so you would comment on my blog, so I, in turn, could find yours. I love it! This post especially cracked me up.

We are now friends and you can't stop it now. Don't even try.