4.09.2009

Quote Wall

Working with a bunch of men gets well...interesting some days. I love working with them though because they always make me smile and laugh. It's like having nine older brothers some days. I've been wanting to put up a quote wall in my cubical for some time now so I can write down all the silly things said between the boys, Jen and myself. Finally towards the second half of last year I got one up.


I took some time today (because our system is down and don't have much else to do) to write down the quotes, so I could remember them. For your viewing pleasure here they are...

*Keep in mind some of these are inside jokes and you won't understand them*

"I am ready to stab someone in the neck with a pen." -Rachel
"Well, my horse is male." -Bruce
"Taylor Swift is too young for you Mark!" -Jen
"You are no longer my problem." -Wendy
"I need to see who this person is so I can hate them!" -Jen
"At convention Bruce was looking all good in his suite and tie." -Rachel
"Did Rachel just give me a compliment?" -Bruce
"You can at least clip your toenails!!" -Ben
"Bruce has feminen choices in the books he reads...thats all I'm saying" -Ryan
"Shut up Jake!" -Rachel
"Just pack everything up so you don't have to work." -Jen
"What else is there to do in the winter months?" -Mark
"Do I need a doctors note?" -Jen
"Jen, do you have a seat warmer? Or did I just pee myself?" -Rachel
"What is zeroing volume again?" -Jake
"I'd cut your face off afterwards!" -Rachel
"Jimmy Johns guys?" -Mark
"I'm smarter then ALL of them!" -Bruce
"Outside of work, I could make a sailor blush." -Jen
"Rachel is easy." -Mark
"Rachel is just sucking up." -Sandy
"Rachel is bitter" -Ben
"I'm worried about the turtles!" -Tommy
"I'm going to wife beat bottomline." -Travis
"He's not heavy, he's my department co-worker." -Rob
"Thats where I'm shaking my money maker!" -Mark
"Sometimes, I rick-roll myself." -Mark
"Bruce is like America, in the George Bush days." -Ryan
"Who doesn't want to be rick-rolled?" -Rachel
"Nothing makes me happy." -Mark
"Carrie Underwood is on my list!" -Jen
"I wouldn't let me watch my kids either." -Rachel

Now that I have reviewed this quote wall I see it really has been used against me. More then half of the quotes are something I've said or something about me. Hmmm.

I now have a new one up for 2009, and people all over XanGo know about the quote wall and come over to read new ones. I've even had different departments come over and read then come to me and say...

"We've never met before, but after reading your quotes...I like you already."

I'm glad I work at a place where we can work hard, and have some fun in there as well. Maybe even a little too much fun.

3 comments:

Jen and Jaylie said...

I LOVE it! we have so much fun at work...most days :)

Brandon Wilde said...

I envy your job. If there was a quote wall at my work then it would be covered with expletives and descriptions of what various people would do to you followed by their phone numbers. Actually, come to think of it, there is a quote wall at my work. It's on the side of the bathroom stall in the men's restroom by the Purple belt. It mostly consists of crude drawings of genitalia and bible quotes. Your job is much cooler than mine.

Brandon Wilde said...

P.S. I think Jen wins the prize with, "I need to see who this person is so I can hate them."

Priceless.