4.12.2009

A Salty Easter

A part of me wanted to get out for Easter. It just isn't the same without my mom. I didn't want to get all dressed up and watch the younger kids run around screaming trying to find eggs on the ground.

So this year, I did. Brandon and his amazing sister Amelia took me to the Salt Flats right near the border of Nevada and Utah. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I wasn't let down. Talk about being in the middle of no where. Just you, the sky, and some serious salt.





There was no echoing either. Just silence. It was very peaceful too. If it didn't take me two hours to get there, I'd drive out more often to sit and think about this crazy, crazy world.

















We also drove in to Wendover so I could see what all the hullabaloo was about. I think what I expected was something along the lines of trash covering the streets, rickety old buildings standing on their last leg, and dirty old women asking me for spare change. It was nothing like that to my disappointment. It actually looked like a nice get away for the weekend if you wanted to get out of the city.

After our trip, and me feeling nauseous from being in the car all day, we headed over to Brandon's parents house for dinner. It was a nice ending to an adventures day.

I have a strange feeling though this won't be the last time me and the Salt Flats collide.

4 comments:

Jill said...

That's ridiculously pretty!! Glad you had a fun Easter. :)

Shannon said...

SO FUN!! I need to get out to the Salt Flats and take some pictures. Those ones look awesome!

Carrot said...

You wore your red skirt! It looks awesome against the white salt! Good thinking!

Shawn said...

What great pics!!!

Love the red against the white---so beautiful....