4.27.2009

Sin City

Day one: Thursday

I made it to the airport and through security with ease. I decided to be brave and sit next to the window. Little did I know how high up we were REALLY going to be. As we took off I watched the world get smaller and smaller. My friends next to me got a good laugh when I ended up closing the window for a few moments. Eventually I got over my fear and looked out the window the entire time


Finally arriving in Las Vegas - I wasted no time in getting out on the strip before starting up work. My friends Terie, Alaina, and myself took the monorail to the MGM Grand for some shopping. Little did we know at the time, but our destination was entirely on the other side of the strip.

...so we walked, and walked, and walked. I ended being freaked out walking pass the M&M factory by a GIANT Blue M&M (only in Vegas). We also found some strange shops...


After two hours of some major walking (IN flip-flops I might add) we made it to the Fashion Show Mall. Over and over again my friends kept saying...

"Rachel... you got some serious sun, are you ok?"

"Yeah! Yeah! I'm fine! I don't know what your guys deal is."

Once I got a chance to look at my face I knew why they were so concerned. It was the color of a very bright red lobster. I am glad they had a good laugh over it though.


After my feet were SCREAMING at me to stop walking we went back to the hotel. I spent that night setting up for the XanGo store to open the next day. After that I headed back onto the strip at night with Jen, Redis, and Mark. I'm not really one to gamble but I did it anyway playing Roulette.

and guess what?

I won $130 bucks!



To be honest I don't remember much else about that night except for when I came home my foot looked like this...

(Keep in mind this is only after ONE day of being in Vegas)

That my friends is a huge blister that kept my feet hurting until I wanted to pass out. Needless to say, I called it a night

Day Two: Friday

I was up and ready by 11 to start working the XanGo convention. This year I was a cashier. Although it is always very busy, you get an opportunity to talk to people and feel the energy they have. This is their life - and they are so glad for everything we do, even if to us it seems so small. Here are some pictures of the store.


We worked all day Friday, when I was able to have some free time all of my friends wanted to go out again, I stuck to my guns and said no. I need a day to recover. My feet were throbbing.

Day Three: Saturday

Woke up at the butt crack of dawn (6am) to get back to work. It really was the same old song and dance. We worked until the store closed and took everything down and finished around 3:30 or so leaving us the rest of the night to do as we pleased before flying back Sunday. I tried to take a nap but ended up just laying around. Finally Redis gave me a call and told me to get out of bed. Jen, Redis, and I went out once again to the strip.

On a side note - thank GOODNESS for Jen! She made numerous trips for me to get me things such as cherry coke, ice cream, and letting me use her pillows to prop up my feet. I know I know...it's a hard life. But I was REALLY hurting!


I told Redis and Jen about this great cafe in the Paris hotel, we spent a good amount of time having good food and good company which is what matters most to me.



The rest of the night was filled with silly-ness. We walked to the Bellagio hotel to see the fountains, gamble and see the flowers.





We went back to the Paris because I wanted to get one a souvenir cup. Lets just say that drink got the best of me - in all the wrong ways.



Day Four: Sunday

I woke up to Jen saying "RACHEL! IT'S 6:50!"

I jumped out of bed in horror. We were supposed to be in the lobby at 7 to catch a plane home. You would have laughed had you seen Jen and I running around the hotel throwing things in a suitcase and running to the bus - only to make it just in the nick of time.

Going through security wasn't so easy this time - I was searched...for a while. I even had other co-workers afterwards asked what happened because I was in that glass box forever. Why oh WHY are you put in a glass box to be searched? How awkward! I then spent the rest of the day sleeping, showering, and recuperating for a blast of a weekend.

Even today I am so tired with little brain activity happening. Las Vegas got the best of me - I will however be back with a vengeance to someday leave that town without feeling wrecked.



For your viewing pleasure...

5 comments:

Brandon Wilde said...

If you leave Las Vegas without feeling wrecked than you didn't do something right. I went to Wendover for one night and got wrecked. I need to get much stronger before I can do Vegas.

Carrot said...

Rachel I'm so glad you had fun! But even more glad that you are back!!!!!

Shawn said...

Wow! It was great to hear about your experiences in LV! Glad you made it back safe and sound---albeit tired... I once had a blister on my toe when I was out of town and I got these blister bandaids---they SAVED my life!

Honey---you will have to invest in them.

Loved the fountains---thanks for sharing!

Trent said...

i cannot believe you bought one of those phallic cups. gross!

Heather said...

Vegas is so not my scene (imagine that!), but I'm glad you guys had fun.

P.S.
Wanna send me your email address so I can add you to my blog readers list?