4.22.2009

A little of this... a little of that...

Here are more random things on my mind...

First of all - today is Earth day. I am no green freak but do try and do my part to not trash this beautiful place. I am excited because after work today I am going to see the movie Earth by Disney.


I've been wanting to watch this for a while now. Anyone who really knows me knows that I can sit and watch any type of earth/animal/space documentary. Discovery channel, Animal Planet, and National Geographic always have my full attention. Also, hello it's about three animal families... this movie was made for nerds like me. How great is it to learn about where you are? Remind yourself there is far more to life then what you see and hear every day. Also within this week every ticket sold Disney will plant a tree. So really - I'm entertaining myself AND giving a tree a place to live. What a good citizen I am.

I am also packing tonight for my Las Vegas flight tomorrow. I will not lie, I am nervous about it. I seem to work myself up all the time with things like this. It's so silly. I know it should be pretty simple. I go get my ticket, check in my bag, go through security and hop on a plane! However a little part of my head doesn't believe it to be easy. I seem to have some strange luck. If something goes wrong or has a possibility to become awkward I am somehow involved. I hate the feeling of being lost or looking lost. If anyone has the handbook of knowledge for all of these grown-up activities please help a sista out and pass it along! I don't fly very often. My dad saw me this morning and asked why I am nervous and I told him the last time I was on a plane was with him.

"What? That was back in 2001 or so."

"...I know! It's been a long time."

"Are you sure you haven't been on one since then? Not even to South Carolina?"

"Nope, last time I was in South Carolina I was ten."

(long pause)

"Well, you really need to get more of a life then."

Thanks Dad for the ongoing great advice. I'm sure things will be fine I just need to keep my mind off of it. Thus the reason why I am going to the movie tonight.

I also have mentioned my mom is home and is doing better it seems. Very slowly, but better. A lot of stress was off my shoulders when I saw her this weekend and knew she was getting better. We chatted and talked for a long time, and laughed of course. She was so sweet too. I was in the kitchen doing some homework while my mom and dad were outside enjoying the nice weather when I heard my mom call my name.

"Yeah mom?"

"Come outside with us."

"...ok, I have to get this homework done then I will come outside."

"Well then bring your homework outside!"

Ha ha. Why didn't I think of that? Lets see here what else can I ramble on about? School is going well - better then last week at least. I didn't fail any of my quizzes this week and I have my homework done that is due next week. I don't want to come home from Vegas only to worry about school. Gross!

Alright, I am done waisting your time now. Have a fabulous weekend! I'll see you when I return.

4 comments:

Brandon Wilde said...

It being Earth Day and all, if we were green freaks we would probably go outside. But then again, it's better in here. I am, however, thinking I should get some guerilla gardening done, and plant some seeds in an awkward place.

Jill said...

Have fun in Vegas! I'm totally jeal. Also, glad to hear your mom is doing better!! :)

Trent said...

if security stops you, it will get awkward, so if they try, i suggest you RUUUUUUUUUUUUN! that will make it better. also i am sooooo glad your mom is doing.

Shawn said...

Wow---I really want to see that movie!! My little guy would love it also---I'll have to look for it...

You will be fine on your trip! Don't be nervous---you will be a pro!

If you need a place to come visit---you can come to Boston anytime and I will show you around! :)